– Meta, the parent company of WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram, is heavily involved in virtual worlds through its metaverse unit, Reality Labs.
– However, the metaverse company has reported collective losses of over $40 billion.
– Despite the losses, investors are optimistic about Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s long-term bet on the metaverse, leading to a 7% increase in the stock price.
– Zuckerberg believes that an immersive version of the internet will become the norm, citing trends such as smart glasses and immersive communication.
– Meta aims to cover metaverse costs with the growth from its family of apps, which has increased by $2 billion.
– Meta plans to release AI chatbots with human-like personalities to improve user retention.
– Alchemy: Battle for Ankhos, a new blockchain game, will be running on Discord and combines AI and NFTs.
– Professional Dota 2 player Erik “Tofu” Engel has expressed interest in the Web3 stage, leading to the launch of Ultra Arena, an esports tournament platform built on its own blockchain network.
– Gods Unchained, a popular Web3 game, has recently been released on the Epic Games Store but has some bugs and lag issues.
– Other developments in the Web3 gaming space include partnerships, integrations with scaling technologies, and new game launches.