During an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience, OpenAI CEO Sam Altman expressed his excitement for Bitcoin, calling it a “super logical” step on the tech tree. He believes that having a global currency outside of government control is important in fighting corruption. Altman also discussed his concerns about central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), stating that a technologically enabled world, including Bitcoin, could help reduce corruption by making payments more transparent.
Joe Rogan also expressed optimism for Bitcoin, believing it has the potential to become a universal viable currency. However, Altman has been a long-time supporter of Bitcoin, arguing in a blog post 10 years ago that a world transacting in Bitcoin would be more transparent and less corrupt.
Both Altman and Rogan expressed their opposition to CBDCs and their worries about the United States becoming a surveillance state. They believe that CBDCs could give governments even more control over people’s spending and could be tied to a social credit score. Altman also expressed disappointment in how the U.S. government has treated the cryptocurrency industry, referring to it as a “war on crypto.”
– Altman sees Bitcoin as a logical and important step in the tech tree, free from government control.
– Altman believes that a world transacting in Bitcoin would be more transparent and less corrupt.
– Rogan shares optimism for Bitcoin as a universal viable currency.
– Both Altman and Rogan are against CBDCs and express concerns about government control and surveillance.
– Altman is disappointed in the U.S. government’s treatment of the cryptocurrency industry.