– The Litecoin block rewards have been halved to 6.25 LTC after the halving event at block 2,520,000.
– The halving clock has been reset for another four years.
– Litecoin founder Charlie Lee commented on the discrepancies between different halving countdown timers, suggesting that the NiceHash one was the most accurate.
– LTC prices have been trending downwards since early July, currently hovering around $92.
– BitPay CEO Stephen Pair mentioned that Litecoin and Bitcoin Lightning payments had their best months in recent history on the global payments platform.
– LTC surpassed BTC as the preferred cryptocurrency for payments on BitPay, accounting for 35% of transactions.
– BitPay has seen notable growth in African-based users and expects increased activity in Latin America.
– Litecoin is the 12th largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, with $6.8 billion and a daily trading volume of $1.14 billion.
– There are currently 73.5 million LTC in circulation out of a maximum supply of 84 million.