– Ethereum futures ETFs to start trading next week: Investment firm Valkyrie will offer exposure to Ether futures, making it one of the first firms to do so. VanEck also plans to launch an Ethereum Strategy ETF.
– SBF trial dates revealed: Former FTX CEO Sam “SBF” Bankman-Fried will stand trial for fraud charges starting on Oct. 4. If found guilty, he could face life in prison.
– 3AC’s Su Zhu arrested in Singapore: Co-founder of Three Arrows Capital, Su Zhu, was detained at Changi Airport for contempt of court. His arrest is part of an ongoing investigation to retrieve funds for 3AC’s creditors.
– Binance urges users to convert euros to USDT after Paysafe debank: Binance warns European users to convert their euro balances to Tether by Oct. 31 due to the loss of support from banking partner Paysafe.
– SEC delays spot Bitcoin ETF decision for BlackRock, Invesco, and Bitwise: The SEC has postponed its decision on several spot Bitcoin ETF applications ahead of a potential government shutdown.
– Winners and Losers: Bitcoin is at $26,895, Ether at $1,667, and XRP at $0.53. Top altcoin gainers are Compound, Chainlink, and THORchain, while top losers are Immutable, UNUS SED LEO, and XDC Network.
– Most Memorable Quotations: Quotes from Andy Barr, Agustín Carstens, James Seyffart, Tom Emmer, Jesse Pollak, and Street.
– Prediction of the Week: Bitcoin shorts keep burning as BTC price seeks to hold $27K.
– FUD of the Week: Ben ‘BitBoy’ Armstrong arrested on livestream over Lambo dispute, crypto exchange using fake license data, Huobi Global hacked for $7.9M, and Mt. Gox collapse birthed Chainalysis.
– Other News: Tim Draper criticizes US government, Chinese developer fined for VPN use, and Hangzhou airdrops 10M digital yuan.