Quadratic funding can encourage a diverse range of people to contribute to journalism, resulting in improved quality and usefulness of information. It incentivizes high-quality content creation and lessens the influence of large donors. However, there are also drawbacks, such as difficulty determining impact and the need for careful implementation.
– Quadratic funding can encourage a diverse range of people to contribute to journalism, regardless of financial resources
– This can increase diversity of viewpoints and voices, improving the quality and usefulness of information
– It incentivizes high-quality content creation by paying for efforts that garner community support
– Large donors are less influential, ensuring allocation is more representative of community views and interests
– Quadratic fundraising platforms can encourage transparency and boost public confidence in journalism
– Drawbacks include difficulty determining impact, possibility of abuse, lack of diversity, and need for careful implementation