– An anonymous Bitcoin whale, who made a purchase in 2011 at $4.92, has seen their investment increase by over 600,000%.
– A dormant Bitcoin wallet holding over 1,037 BTC, worth $31 million, suddenly transferred out its entire stash after 11 years.
– The wallet obtained the BTC in 2012 when the price was only $4.92, making the stash worth around $5,108 at the time.
– The transferred BTC was received by a new wallet address, “bc1qt180…”, which now holds the $31 million.
– The US government has also recently transferred out nearly 10,000 BTC, worth $299 million, in relation to the Silk Road seizure.
– Other mysterious wallet movements have occurred, including a transfer of 1,400 BTC worth $36 million to enhance privacy.
– Over 55% of BTC hasn’t moved in over two years, according to on-chain analytics firm Glassnode.
– BTC’s current price is $30,082, up 81.8% in 2023 but still down 56.4% from its all-time high in November 2021.