– Shiba Inu has the highest number of fake followers among cryptocurrency tokens, followed by Avalanche and Polygon.
– Despite efforts by Twitter management, fake followers remain a persistent problem, with up to 10% of followers of crypto influencers and companies being fake.
– Twitter Blue, introduced by Elon Musk in April 2023, aimed to reduce fake accounts but has not been completely successful.
– DappGambl found that the popularity of tokens influences the number of fake followers on Twitter.
– Samson Mow has the highest percentage of fake followers among crypto influencers, followed by Jack Dorsey, Nayib Bukele, and Vitalik Buterin.
– Elon Musk has over 6.7 million fake accounts following him on Twitter.
– Methods to identify fake accounts include checking account creation date, profile picture, bio, tweets, and followers/following.
– A Twitter bot named Explain This Bob was recently suspended after being called a scam by Elon Musk.