The EURC stablecoin (formerly EUROC) is now available on Stellar in addition to Ethereum and Avalanche.
Stablecoin issuer Circle has launched a Stellar-based version of its euro-backed stablecoin, EURC, according to a Sept. 26 announcement. EURC was previously only available on the Ethereum and Avalanche networks.
- The EURC stablecoin is now available on the Stellar blockchain, in addition to Ethereum and Avalanche.
- Stablecoins have become an essential component of the Web3 ecosystem, allowing users to perform various fiat-currency-related actions on blockchain networks.
- EURC is a euro-backed stablecoin, providing more options for eurozone residents to conduct business on the blockchain in their local currency.
- Crypto payment provider Ripio has integrated with EURC, allowing its users in Spain to deposit and withdraw EURC using the Stellar network.
- Other examples of euro-backed stablecoins include the Stasis Euro (EURS) on Cardano and Membrane Finance’s EUROe on Ethereum.